Passionate about startups, internet and media -- and areas where these intersect. I will fit best in small teams, companies that are fast-paced, build products and components as micro-services, and tend to use open source technologies.
HackerRank 2013 —
Joined the startup early. Ownership, implementation and maintainership of multiple projects and industry-defining productlines across the company.
- Lead and mentor the system to scale take-home tests.
- A system to handle load from 10s to 100s to 1000s of concurrent containers.
- Write and maintain the enterprise-app of the company, including having initially ported it to RoR
- Write and maintain the candidate side app, used thousands of times a day.
- Built SudoRank, a framework to vet for DevOps roles.
Trelby 2011 —
Noting a lack of good open source screenwriting options, I rebooted the Blyte screenwriter with it's original author, and renamed it Trelby. I implemented major UI modifications, import/export of the industry standard FDX format and HTML, binary installers for Windows/Ubuntu, undo/redo logic for the custom Text control, scene navigator, PDF watermarking, smooth scrolling, and multiple bugfixes. Currently also working on building a user and developer community around the project and taking on the incumbents.
Nexenta 2008 — 2013
Joined the startup early, among the first few employees, allowing me to implement multiple projects across the organization.
- The lead of the Nexenta Core Platform, the open source storage centric distribution by Nexenta. Oversaw development of OS, online community outreach.
- Prototyping: Developed applications, tools and technologies from ground up for internal research and development.
- Global Outreach: Spoke and represented the project at multiple conferences spanning DebConf (New York), OpenSolaris conferences (Mountainvew, Germany, France), and Foss.in (India).
- Operations: Oversaw the Indian storage business. Worked on scouting new VARs, partners, and clients.
- Web and IT: Maintained all web properties for the initial years including, corporate website, partner outreach and CRM. Implemented licensing technology and management for commercial product. (Joomla/Wordpress/elgg/php/python).
Sun Microsystems/OpenSolaris/Beleix 2007 — 2009
Served as the technical lead for Sun's Campus Ambassador program, and lead students worldwide. Also made significant contributions to the open solaris and Belenix projects
- Ported Belenix operating system to boot via USB. Received international coverage for this work.
- Served as the technical lead of the campus ambassador program for Sun Microsystems. Trained and evangelized open source technologies in OpenSolaris, including ZFS, Dtrace
- Robotics: built a prototype wireless robotic car, using the embedded SunSpots platform.
Yukti/Nirmukta 2011 — 2013
I was an organizer for Nirmukta, an organization with a focus on spreading rationality and critical thinking. We conducted workshops to figure out plans to root out super-station from civil society. Invited global personalities like Narendra Nayek and Babu Gogineni to participate and speak at the envent.
VTU 2004 — 2008
- Ruby on Rails