The first beta release of NCP2 was released yesterday. This release was bug fix release with a big leap in the opensolaris build (from the previous b85+ to b104+).
Also, most of the common server applications now have SMF support. The latest version of devzones is also included. For the full announcement and release highlights, see here.
* OpenSolaris build 104+ based with critical patches.
* Over 6000 packages in the repository, and autobuilder.
* Based on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) repository
* This includes latest dpkg/apt, gcc, binutils, coreutils,
perl, python, ruby, Qt libs, GTK libs, etc
* SMF support added for server applications like apache, mysql, postgresql, exim4, etc.
* 100% native Debian environment, easy to upgrade, easy to use
* Includes Vim and screen by default
* Addition of latest devzone version to the CD.
* Includes apt-clone which brings zfs power to apt-get.
So get your copy hot off the presses now. Links below
Beta Download: nexenta-core-platform_2.0-b104-beta1_x86.iso.zip
For comments/solutions and queries goto the #nexenta IRC room at freenode.